1Ummah User Agreement
- Using 1 Ummah marketplace
- Abusing 1 Ummah marketplace
- Fees and Services
- Trading on 1 Ummah marketplace and Limitation of Liability
- 1 Ummah marketplace Money Back Guarantee
- Access and Interference
- How to Start Selling
- Can’t List an Item
- Revise a Listing
- Listing Conditions
- How to Start Buying
- Closing Your Account
- No Agency
- Measures on Legal Disputes
- Site Outages
- Prohibited and restricted items policies
- Rules about intellectual property
Welcome to 1Ummah. This User Agreement and all policies posted on our site set out the terms on which 1 Ummah offers you access to and use of our sites, services, applications and tools (collectively “Services”). You can find an overview of our policies here. All policies are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all of the document when accessing or using our Services. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service.
Before using 1 Ummah services, you must read and accept all of the terms in, and linked to, this User Agreement. By accepting this User Agreement, you agree that this User Agreement and User Privacy Notice will apply whenever you use 1 Ummah marketplace services.
If you register anywhere in 1Ummah website or 1 Ummah marketplace website, you will be automatically subscribed to our mailing list. This will lead to you receiving emails pertaining to 1 Ummah ongoing project updates and other related subjects. If you want to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can do so by clicking on unsubscribe link in the email and follow the process.
- Using 1 Ummah marketplace
While using the 1 Ummah marketplace services, you will not:
- post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites and services;
- infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as the prohibited and restricted items policies (Please check point 25 below)
- use the 1 Ummah marketplace services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18 or are suspended from using the 1 Ummah marketplace services;
- fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms or you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other users’ listings;
- manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to 1 Ummah marketplace;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
- transfer your 1 Ummah marketplace account and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, solicited and unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm 1 Ummah marketplace or the interests or property of 1 Ummah marketplace users;
- export or re-export any 1 Ummah marketplace tools except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the 1 Ummah marketplace services or 1 Ummah marketplace’s copyrights and trademarks; or
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Abusing 1 Ummah marketplace
1 Ummah marketplace and its community of users work together to keep our sites and services working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content, and infringement upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties and policy violations to us. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated, please notify our team and we will investigate.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to the 1 Ummah marketplace services, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the sites if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (for example, and without limitation, policies related to conducting off-1 Ummah marketplace transactions, or users who we believe are harassing our employees or other users). Additionally, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our reasonable discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of intellectual property rights of third parties. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time, or to modify or discontinue 1 Ummah marketplace services.
- Fees and Services
Joining 1 Ummah marketplace is free for buyers but fee applies for the sellers. We do charge fees for using other services, such as listing items. By listing an item on 1 Ummah marketplace, you agree to pay 1 Ummah marketplace’s fees for listing as per Section 6. 1Ummah marketplace will charge a 7% of commission from your product sale.
When you list an item or use a service that has a fee, you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged based on our fees schedule, which we may change from time to time. Please check below the fee structure:
|Number of Listing||Cost ($)|
|Upto 200 Listing||$29.90|
|Upto 750 Listing||$49.90|
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Australian Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our sites and services in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel and, for accounts over 180 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your PayPal account balance.)
Changes to that schedule are effective after we provide you with at least fourteen days’ notice by posting the changes on the 1 Ummah marketplace site. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the sites.
When you give us content, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
For the convenience of sellers, we may offer catalogues of stock images, descriptions and product specifications that are provided by third parties (including 1 Ummah marketplace users).
While we try to offer reliable data, we cannot promise that the catalogues will always be accurate and up-to-date, and you agree not to hold our catalogue content providers or us responsible for inaccuracies in catalogues. If you choose to include catalogue content in your listings, you continue to be fully responsible for your listings and for ensuring that your listings are accurate, do not include misleading information and comply with this User Agreement and all 1 Ummah marketplace policies. The catalogues may include copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary materials. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary or identification markings included with the catalogues or create any derivative works based on catalogue content (other than by including them in your listings).
- Trading on 1 Ummah marketplace and Limitation of Liability
While we strive to maintain a safe trading environment you accept that there are unfortunately sometimes risks when trading online and using our sites, including dealing with underage or fraudulent persons. You will not hold 1 Ummah marketplace responsible for other users’ content, actions or inactions, items they list or their destruction of allegedly fake items. You acknowledge that we are not an auctioneer. Our sites are venues to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy, at any time, in a variety of pricing formats and locations, such as Stores, fixed price formats. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of users’ content or listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
When you enter into a transaction you create a legally binding contract with another user, unless the item is listed in a category under the Non-Binding Bid Policy (please refer to point 8). You must ensure that you comply with your obligations to that other member and are aware of any laws relevant to you as a buyer or seller. If another member breaches any obligation to you, you – not 1 Ummah marketplace are responsible for enforcing any rights that you may have.
You alone, and not 1 Ummah marketplace, are responsible for ensuring that your listing, selling and any other activities conducted on our site are lawful. You must ensure that you comply with all applicable laws in Australia and other countries. You must also ensure that you strictly comply with this Agreement and the policies which form part of the Agreement.
We do not take ownership of the items at any time and do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer. Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to the 1 Ummah marketplace services, and their operation may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use the 1 Ummah marketplace services.
To the extent that 1 Ummah marketplace is able to limit the remedies available under this Agreement, 1 Ummah marketplace expressly limits its liability for breach of a non-excludable statutory guarantee to the following remedies:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Without limiting other remedies available to 1 Ummah marketplace at law, in equity or under this Agreement, we may, without notice to you and in our sole discretion (which shall be exercised reasonably, having regard to the circumstances), delay listing your item, issue you a warning, restrict your activities through our site (including but not limited to buying, selling and posting activities), temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if:
- you have, or we believe that you have, breached this Agreement, which includes any of our Policies in any way;
- we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
- we believe that your actions may cause loss or damage to or otherwise unlawfully harm you, our users, third parties or us, our related bodies corporate or affiliates, our directors, employees or agents; or
- if we reasonably believe that any of your information (which includes an item listed on the site) is inappropriate or of an offensive nature.
For security, confidentiality and privacy reasons, we are not obligated to provide you or other members the details of any investigation that we conduct or any action which we take, in relation to your membership or your account other than those that are already provided to you by us.
- Money Back Guarantee
1ummah marketplace does not provide with any money back guarantee to either buyer or seller. You may file your claim with PayPal. To file a claim with Paypal (by escalating an existing dispute), log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center. Locate and click the case number for the dispute you want to escalate. Under “More Options,” choose what you want to do.
If you are unable to resolve your dispute directly with the seller, then it is important that you escalate to a claim before the 20 day dispute expiration date. By escalating a dispute to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to investigate the dispute and decide the outcome. For any further query, please contact PayPal directly.
- Access and Interference
Much of the information on the sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to 1 Ummah marketplace by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the 1 Ummah marketplace services for any purpose without our express written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion, exercised reasonably) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your information) from the sites without the prior express written permission of 1 Ummah marketplace and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the sites, services or tools, or any activities conducted on or with the sites, services or tools; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the sites.
- How to start selling
To sell on 1 UMMAH marketplace, the first thing you need to do is register an 1 UMMAH Market account (if you don’t have one already) and get it set up for selling.
- Enter your email address that you will be using for your selling activities
- Enter a password that is strong enough so it can’t be guessed easily. Please remember your password as you will need it every time you want to log into your account to sell your product
- Enter your first name
- Enter your last name
- Enter your ‘Shop’ name. Remember, your store name is your identity on 1 UMMAH Market. So choose carefully. Also your store name will be part of the unique URL that you could pass on to your buyer for advertisement or other reasons
- Enter your phone number – please make sure you enter a valid number and one that you use frequently. We won’t abuse your contact number or any other personal information. We are a non-profit organisation and our vision and mission is to help the needy in the community and provide service
- Select ‘I am a seller’ option and click ‘Register’
- At 1UMMAH Market, we want to give customers complete peace of mind. That’s why we want to provide added confidence by verifying the seller details. If you want to sell on 1 Ummah Market they you will need to verify your identify by providing an attested copy of your driver’s license or your passport.
- Once our admin verifies your identity (usually within 24 working hours from your submission) you will be able to get into your “Home” page or your seller account. You can follow the steps to add your product and set up your account
- You’ll be guided through step by step instructions to create your listing.
- After the listing ends and you receive payment, send the item promptly.
- Can’t list an item
We regularly monitor listing activity and may block items that don’t follow our selling practices or violate the user agreement. If you’re having trouble listing an item, here are some possible reasons:
- The item isn’t allowed on 1 Ummah Marketplace (Please see prohibited and restricted items below)
- You’ve reached your selling limit
- Charging excessive postage fees
- Using terms that misrepresent the item
- Revise a listing
You can revise certain details in your active listing depending on the listing format you’re using, the time left before your listing ends and whether you’ve received any bids or purchases. There’s no charge to revise a listing, unless you add a special feature or raise your asking price.
For most listings, you can change the title, add or change photos and add optional listing upgrades at any time. For fixed price listings and auction-style listings with more than 12 hours left and has no bids, you can also lower the price.
In most cases, you can’t change the listing duration or format. For example, you can’t change a fixed price listing to an auction-style listing.
To revise a listing, go to dashboard > product. Find the listing you’d like to revise, then hover the cursor on the product name and click edit and make your changes.
- Listing Conditions
By listing an item on 1 Ummah marketplace, you agree to pay 1 Ummah marketplace’s fees for listing as per Section 6. 1Ummah marketplace will charge a 7% of commission from your product sale. When you list an item, you assume full responsibility for the content of the listing and item offered, and accept the following listing conditions:
- When you list an item on 1 Ummah marketplace your listing will be posted on 1 Ummah marketplace’s sites and can be viewed in My 1 Ummah marketplace.
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so 1 Ummah marketplace can’t guarantee exact listing durations.
- Where your listing appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors including listing format, title, bidding activity, end time, keywords, price and postage cost, Feedback and detailed seller ratings.
- How to Start Buying
To buy on 1Ummah Market, the first thing you need to do is register an 1Ummah Market account (if you don’t have one already) and get it set up for buying. If you are already registered with 1Ummah Market, you can directly start buying using your current log in.
- Enter your email address that you will be using for your buying activities.
- Enter a password that is strong enough so it can’t be guessed easily. Please remember your password as you will need it every time you want to log into your account to buy your product
- Select ‘I am a customer’ option and click ‘Register’
- Once you register you will be taken into the “My Account” page.
- From your account dashboard you can view your recent orders information.
Updating your Addresses:
- If you wish to update your addresses, click on the addresses. If you click on Billing Address, it will guide you to the next page for you to put in your detail information there.
- You can update your shipping address by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button next to Shipping Address. Note that, your billing address can be different from your shipping address and your shipping address is where your order will be shipped to.
- Put in your name, company name, address and save your information.
Changing info in Account Details:
- You can change your account details like your password by simply going to the Account Details section and write name, email address and new password. Save your changes.
Please follow the following process:
- On our Homepage we offer you an array of products by categories.
- Select the product category you intend to make a purchase
- Click on your desired product.
- Once you are at the designated product page, scroll down to check out details information regarding the product. Such as, description of the product.
- Under the shipping tab, you can calculate the shipping cost by selecting country and Quantity of the product. Click on the “Get shipping cost” tab to get estimated cost of shipping of the product. Please note that at this moment we only ship in Australia.
- Under product enquiry tab if you put your name, email address and details about enquiry, you can enquire information pertaining to the products.
- Check out the seller information and rating of the seller which are available under the Seller Info tab.
- Add the selected product to Basket
- You can change the Quantity of product under the ‘Quantity” header
- After you complete your shopping and adding products to the basket, click on “View basket” tab
- Update basket and scroll down to select shipping preference
- If you want extra cover, select on the box beside it.
- Proceed to checkout
- Fill in your Billing details. You must fill in the box with asterisk(*) sign on it
- Select your method of payment which is only PayPal at this point of time.
- You can pay via PayPal
- Log into your PayPal account and complete your payment
- If you don’t have a PayPal account you can simply pay by filling in the boxes with your relevant information and complete payment.
- Closing Your Account
You may close your 1 Ummah marketplace account at any time, subject to:
- not having any outstanding items listed on the website; and
- resolving any outstanding matters (such as a suspension or restriction on your account); and
- paying any outstanding fees owing on the account.
We do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We view protection of users’ privacy as a very important community principle.
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. It applies to any 1 Ummah marketplace site and to any 1 Ummah marketplace application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them.
By using our Services and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from that data and other information that 1 Ummah marketplace has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to this Notice
We may alter this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice via email.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us-
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Buying or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your shopping cart, adding items to your Watch List, creating collections and following other collections and sellers)
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or post an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates)
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favourites
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services
- Additional information we are required or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
Personal information from other sources
- We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may automatically give us access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g. content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorising us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your shopping cart, your WatchList, your collections and collections and sellers that you have chosen to follow
- Give you access to your purchase history, internal messages and other features
- Customize, measure and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our , applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail.
Personalize our advertising and marketing communications
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail in order to: offer you vouchers, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Enforce our Privacy Notice, our User Agreement or other policies
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received. Please keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Buy an item
- Check out or add items to your cart
- Purchase an item with PayPal
- View or edit the Watch List
- View order details
- Leave Feedback
- View the profile page
- Conduct after-sale activities, like leaving Feedback, cancelling orders, requesting returns or submitting claims
If you attempt to change your password, user ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice you may not have access to all our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
- We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the 1 Ummah marketplace family or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
1 Ummah marketplace family members, who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
- help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement and data security breaches
- provide you personalized advertising
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications. Members of our 1 Ummah marketplace family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them.
Service providers and financial institution partners
- third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations
- third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorized by law
- to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety
- to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we deem relevant.
- to credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file)
- to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity
Other 1 Ummah marketplace users as authorized by you or your use of our Services
When transacting with another user, the other user may request and we may provide him/her with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, user ID, email address, contact details, postage and billing address or other information from you needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide the other user with details of the unsuccessful transaction. The other user receiving your information is not allowed to use this information for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it. Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is a violation of our User Agreement.
Data disclosure to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family
We may disclose your personal information to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family for the following purposes:
- to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your 1 Ummah marketplace or PayPal accounts
- to provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g. billing or transactional disputes)
- to facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services with a payment card and we use PayPal as a payment processor
- to facilitate postage and related services for purchases you made using PayPal
Change of Ownership
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions (please refer below in the Questions or Complaints section).
This section describes some additional important information related to your use of our Services. There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:
To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, postage and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information.
How you should use the information you receive on 1 Ummah marketplace
When you are in a transaction with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as his/her name, user ID, email address, contact details, postage and billing address) to complete the transaction. We encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect his/her privacy. In all cases, you must give the other user a chance to remove himself/herself from your database and give him/her a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You may use the personal information that you have access to only for 1 Ummah marketplace transaction-related purposes, or for other services offered through 1 Ummah marketplace (such as postage, fraud complaints and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the information relates. Using personal information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our User Agreement.
Third party privacy practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are buyers or sellers on our sites.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice contact us via phone or email as per given in the website https://www.1ummah.org.au/contact-us/
Privacy of Others; Marketing
If 1 Ummah marketplace provides you with information about another user you agree you will use the information only for the purposes it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent or distribute a user’s information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.
You will indemnify us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint venturers and employees) against any claim or demand, including legal fees and costs, made against us by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your infringement of any law or the rights of a third party in the course of using the 1 Ummah marketplace services.
- No Agency
1 Ummah marketplace is not your agent for any purpose in relation to this Agreement or your use of the 1 Ummah marketplace services.
Legal notices must be served on 1 Ummah marketplace’s registered agent (in the case of 1 Ummah marketplace) or to the email address you provide to 1 Ummah marketplace during the registration process (in your case). Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid or that the email has not been delivered. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided by you during the registration process. In such case, notice will be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
Any notices to 1 Ummah marketplace’s registered agent must be given by registered ordinary post (or if posted to or from a place outside Australia, by registered airmail).
- Measures on Legal Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and 1 Ummah marketplace, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. We strongly encourage you to first contact Customer Service to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
Law and forum for legal disputes
This Agreement will be governed in all respects by the laws of New South Wales. We encourage you to try and resolve disputes using certified mediation (such as online dispute resolution processes). If a dispute cannot be resolved then you and 1 Ummah marketplace irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- Site Outages
1 Ummah marketplace’s highest priority is our members’ trading success. There are many events, from natural disasters to power outages that can disrupt finding on 1 Ummah marketplace. If a lengthy outage occurs, information will be posted on the Announcements Board during the outage.
- Prohibited and restricted items policies
Before listing your item, make sure we allow it on 1 Ummah marketplace, and find out if we have specific rules and conditions on how you should list it. Check the list of prohibited and restricted items below. You also need to make sure that the sale of your item complies with all laws.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn’t, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Understanding the rules
Read and understand our policies before listing items. Follow our guidelines and review our examples so you know beforehand what you can and can’t sell on 1 Ummah marketplace.
The list of prohibited and restricted items below covers items you can list under certain conditions, and items that we don’t allow at all. To find out if we have other guidelines that might affect your listing, read our rules for listings and our rules about intellectual property.
Prohibited and restricted items
- Adults only
- Animals and wildlife products – examples include live animals, mounted specimens and ivory
- Artefacts, cultural heritage and grave-related items – examples include archaeological artefacts, items of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, shipwreck relics and funerary items
- Clothing, used
- Cosmetics, used
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Credit cards
- Currency and coins
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Electrical and electronic equipment – examples include power generators and electronics such as wireless microphones, cable TV de-scramblers, radar scanners and traffic signal control devices
- Embargoed goods and prohibited countries – examples include items from Cuba
- Event tickets
- Firearms, weapons and knives – examples include pepper spray, replicas and stun guns
- Gift cards
- Government documents, IDs and licenses
- Government and transit items – examples include airplane operations manuals and airline uniforms
- Hazardous, restricted or regulated materials – examples include batteries, fireworks and refrigerants
- Human remains and body parts
- International trading
- Items encouraging illegal activity – examples include an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine
- Lock picking devices
- Lottery tickets
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Medicine and healthcare products – examples include prescription drugs and veterinary medicines
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid and matrix programs
- Musical Instruments
- Offensive material – examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia
- Personal relationships and services – examples include dating and escort services, and website traffic-driving services
- Plants and seeds
- Police-related items
- Postage meters
- Prescription drugs
- Real estate
- Recalled items
- Slot machines
- Stocks and other securities
- Stolen property
- Surveillance equipment – examples include wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices
- Transit and postal industry items – examples include postal company uniforms, operating manuals and blueprints of airport buildings
- Weeds (see plants and seeds)
Reporting policy violations
If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report item in the listing.
If we determine that a listing has violated a policy, we email the seller and the buyer to let them know that we’ve removed the listing from 1 Ummah marketplace.
- Rules about intellectual property
We’re committed to providing a safer place to buy and sell items, as well as protecting intellectual property rights. Using intellectual property, such as copyrighted material and trademarks, in an unlawful way is considered infringement, which is against the law and 1 Ummah marketplace policies.
Before listing items on 1 Ummah marketplace, be sure to read and follow our rules below and our guidelines on creating legally compliant listings.
Rules that affect what you can list on 1 Ummah marketplace:
|Restricted||The following items are restricted or prohibited because they may infringe on intellectual property or other proprietary rights of third parties.
Academic, beta and OEM software
Celebrity material, including:
Faces, names, and signatures
Certain branded accessories, packaging, warranties, or other items offered without the accompanying branded product
Digitally delivered goods
Movie prints (35 mm, 70 mm)
|Not Allowed||The following items aren’t allowed on 1 Ummah marketplace.
Items that may enable unauthorized copies, including:
Hardware or software that would enable duplication of copy-protected material
Mod chips, game enhancers and boot disks
Replicas, counterfeit items and unauthorised copies
Rules that affect how you can list items for sale
|Restricted||Using someone else’s picture or item description without their permission. Be sure you have permission to use pictures or item descriptions created by someone else.|
|Not Allowed||In a listing, 1 Ummah marketplace members cannot:
Encourage or enable others to infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
Improperly use 1 Ummah marketplace intellectual property including use of the 1 Ummah marketplace name or logo and linking to the 1 Ummah marketplace website.
Include authenticity disclaimers or deny responsibility for the items offered in their listings.
Each of these policies may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the 1 Ummah marketplace.com.au site. When using particular services on our sites, you are subject to any posted policies or rules applicable to services you use through the sites, which may be posted from time to time. All such policies or rules are incorporated into this User Agreement.